I make this all the time even thought my wife cannot eat it. She used to but now has to avoid high iron content food like spinach. This recipe is my adaptation to the stuff I had while visiting Korea in 1981. It is a simple dish that can be made ahead of time.
I often multiply the dressing recipe to fill a pint jar and keep it in the refrigerator. Makes a good dressing for other salads and can be built upon if you want to change up the flavor profile.
- 3 green onions minced
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil.
- 1 lb of Spinach; baby spinach comes out the best but any spinach will do.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Chill for about 30 minutes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Drop spinach into boiling water
- Cook for 30 seconds and remove
- Plunge into an ice bath
- Remove spinach when cool squeezing the water out
- Chop each bunch of spinach into four pieces crosswise
- Toss in dressing