This is an inexpensive meal as well as filling and will feed a crowd
Quicky meat sauce for pasta
Author: Salty Old Dog
- 2 lbs ground beef (or pork, or chicken)
- 1 onion diced fine
- 1 green pepper (optional) chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 T dried basil
- 1 T dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lb of you favorite pasta. I usually use rotelli pasta, holds the sauce well.
- olive oil
- In a medium sized heat 1 Tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat add the onion and garlic and cook stirring constantly until the onions glass over. Add the green pepper if using.
- Break up the meat into the pot and brown completely
- Add the crushed tomatoes and water bring to a boil and drop to a simmer; allow to simmer 20 minutes
- While the meat sauce is simmering prepare the pasta according to instructions on the package
- After 20 minutes of the sauce cooking and when the pasta is done drain the pasta and add to the pot mixing thoroughly.
This is a recipe that if I shop for my ingredients at Walmart I can make the meal for under $15.