This is a dish you have to be careful of when you are cooking it because it is really easy to burn this.
I’ve made this side dish for all sorts of meals. Roasted chicken being my #1 and when I’m really lazy with frozen chicken patties!
- 2 cups rice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced fine
- ½ cup shredded coconut (flaked works well too)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Pour coconut milk into a 4 cup measuring cup; Add water to make 4 cups of liquid
- Add all ingredients and the liquid measure into a sauce pan with a tight fitting lid
- Bring to a boil stirring and reduce to a simmer once it comes to a boil
- Put lid on sauce pan
- Allow to steam with the lid on until liquid is all absorbed. About 15-20 minutes