Cream Cheese Eggs
Author: Peter L. Berghold
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 2 servings
Super good eggs that have been a popular recipe in my household since before I had my own household.
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- optionally: snipped chives ⅓ cup; fresh from garden
- 1 tbs butter
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and then put in blender
- Add cream cheese
- Add heavy cream
- Add salt and pepper
- Blend on high until the cream cheese has been 100% incorporated. Eggs should now have a lot of air bubbles in them which is what you want.
- Put the butter into a skillet over medium to medium high heat. Allow to melt and cover bottom of skillet.
- Pour egg mixture into pan.
- Add chives if you are using them.
- As the egg sets, draw the edges into the middle of your pan allowing uncooked egg mixture to backfill where the set egg was.
- Optionally allow slight browning of eggs turning them a few times to ensure middle is not runny.
- Serve and enjoy
If you want to serve more people add more egg, cream cheese and heavy cream. For more than three servings I use an "N+1" count on the amount of eggs in the recipe meaning if I'm feeding 4 people I use 5 eggs.
This is a recipe my daughter always asked me to make at any given holiday breakfast. The egg mixture shows in in other recipes such as my “Piggy Oink Oink Breakfast Casserole” that I will post later.